Are you interested in starting a business on the internet with little or no money? Do you want to learn how to make money selling information products online? If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then I advice you read on.
What are information products?
Selling information products is also known as information marketing. Information products are products that help to expand the knowledge of other people, by sharing with them, some of your own knowledge or skills. They are also products that help people solve problems or overcome certain challenges easily.
In this digital age, people are always looking for ways to expand their knowledge and skills in the quickest and least stressful way possible; the internet. Selling information products online helps to satisfy the thirst of such people and is also a very good way to make money from the internet. You can easily start an internet-based information marketing business and start earning hundreds of dollars without a dime in your bank account.
Types of information products
There are several categories of products on the internet that could be referred to as information products but some of the most popular ones include e-books, software, mobile applications, videos, tapes and CD’s. An information product could also mean a website or a blog that helps to expand people’s knowledge on a specific subject.
How to Create and Sell your Information Products Online
So how do you create your own information products for sale?
1. Choose a product niche-: The first step to take is to decide on a niche for your products. What do you want to teach others about? Would you like others to learn from your superb cooking skills by writing a cookbook? Or perhaps you want to teach people how to design their own clothes?
The key to deciding on the type of information products to sell is to find a skill you are very good at or a subject you are highly knowledgeable and passionate about, that way, you will have no problem writing and sharing meaningful ideas with other people.
2. Select a medium-: What form would you like your products to take? Would you prefer it in the form of an e-book or a video? Or would you prefer to design a software or mobile application instead? This is another factor you have to consider.
3. Research Keywords: Once you have selected a niche and a medium to pass your message across, then you should start searching for hot topics and keywords in your subject area to give you an idea of the stuffs that people are interested in or searching for or. A good way to find out suitable topics to write about is making use of keyword research tools such as wordstream or word tracker. You could also find out by looking through question and answer websites, internet forums and by conducting internet survey.
4. Create your product-: For instance, if you want to write an e-book, there are lots of software on the internet that you can use to write and design your e-book. If you feel that you won’t be able to write an e-book yourself, then that’s no problem because you can easily find freelancers who would charge you a token to write your e-book. You can also find freelancers to help you design software or create any type of digital content that you wish to sell.
5. Get other people’s opinion-: When you are done creating your products , it is advisable to have people you trust read and review your product before you put it out for public sale; so that they can give you honest reviews, criticisms and advice on how to improve on the products you have created. They would also be in a good position to point out mistakes and errors.
6. Consider becoming an affiliate-: You don’t necessarily have to create your own products before you can make money from selling information products. You can also promote and sell other people’s products and earn commission from doing so. In the same vein, you could engage the services of affiliates to sell your products for you as well.
7. Create a website-: Next, you need to create a website to market your products if you do not already have one. You could have someone build a website for you from the scratch or make use of free blogging platforms. This step is highly critical to your success as an information marketer. You should also engage the services of marketing copy writers to help you draft a powerful copy that would easily convert visitors to your website into customers.
8. Drive traffic-: Once you have created your website, you should start thinking of how to get more people to visit your website. The more people that visit your website; the better for your products, because your products would become more visible to a lot of people. You could drive traffic to your website using social media, forum posts, guest blogging, search engine optimization as well as several other ad campaigns on the internet.
9. Market your products-: At this stage, you can now start to promote and market your products through creating awareness for them. A good way to achieve this is by using pay per click campaigns or affiliate marketers who would promote and sell for you and earn commission from each sale they make. A good way to promote your products is to offer people previews, free trials and money-back guarantees; this would go a long way in increasing awareness for your products and give your customers a taste of your offerings.
10. Payment processing-: How would you receive payments for your products? This is a very important step you must consider before you start. The most popular means by which information marketers receive payments for their products is by using payment processing companies like Paypal to receive payments. You can find several of such payment processors on the internet.
11. Build trust-: If you want to be able to make money from this business over a long time, you have to earn the trust of your clients to ensure that they keep coming back for more. This can be achieved by providing quality products and always deliver whatever you promise.
For instance, if your marketing copy promises to make teach people ways to reduce their tax burden by 50%, you must ensure that your product contains tangible and relevant information that would help people achieve that.